- Utilize extensive network and pro-active deal sourcing by management.
- Strict investment parameters and criteria.
- Rigorous due diligence process involving Investment Manager and external advisors and consultants.
- Multi-tiered, team-based approval process.
- Appropriate capital structures.
- Sophisticated financial engineering.
- Deal execution.
- Controlling stakes and board representation.
- Strategic oversight and monitoring.
- Considerable focus on value added through:
- Business strategy and development.
- Improved corporate governance.
- Financial reporting.
- Management incentives, collaboration and support.
- Financial expertise and support.
- 3-5-year investment time-frame.
- Exit alternatives assessed at initial investment stage.
- Strategic preparation and positioning for exit.
- Evaluation of multiple divestment alternatives.
- Opportunistic divestment and flexible timing.